- Fully renovated, stylish country house
- 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 1 reception
- Just under half an acre of land
- Top floor apartment
- Large sitting room with Jotul wood-burner
- Oil-fired central heating, well insulated
- Convenient for Saumur & Loire valley chateaux
- Attached 2-storey outbuilding
- 50mins drive from Poitiers airport
- Hangar with workshop and cellar
Situated at the edge of the Anjou wine appellation and convenient for Saumur and the celebrated chateaux of the Loire, this stylish country house has been fully renovated to create a comfortable family home. It has a top floor apartment for letting or guests.
Set well back from the road and approached through double iron gates, the private drive curves around the house before arrival into an enclosed walled garden overlooked by the elegant facade of the house with its symmetry and decorative stone work.
The accommodation is well-presented and elegant. It comprises, on the ground floor: entrance hall, sitting room with a beautiful stone fireplace and quality wood-burning stove, double aspect fitted dining kitchen and a guest cloakroom with WC.
On the first floor are 2 spacious bedrooms – one of them double aspect - and an immaculate family bathroom. The top floor has been transformed into a spacious apartment complete with light and airy bedroom area, modern shower room and corner kitchen. Ideal for use by visitors but equally suitable as a studio.
An attached outbuilding complete with mezzanine, currently used as a utility area, overlooks the garden and could easily be converted to provide additional accommodation. Other outbuildings include a double height hangar and a workshop. A large wine cellar runs underneath the entire length of the hangar.
The property is situated in the heart of a quiet village, only 9 kms from Thouars which has the full range of shops and services. The nearest airport is Poitiers, a drive of just under an hour.
- Argenton L’Eglise (petit commerces : Bank, Pharmacy, Boulangerie, Hairdressers, Restaurant, Tabac, Mini Supermarket, Post Office, Library,Marie) 2.5 kms (3 mins)
- Thouars : Commercial Centre 10 kms ( 10 mins)
- Saumur : Chateau 16th century, Ecole de Cavalerie 28 kms ( 28 mins)
- Montreuil Bellay : Historical town and Chateau 13 kms (13 mins)
- Le Puy-Notre-Dame : Petit Cite Caracture 8 kms (8 mins)
The house is on the largely traffic free cycle route from Caen to La Rochelle.
The accommodation, measuring 137m² of habitable space, consists of:
Entrance Hall: 8’ 6'' x 6' 2'' (2.580m x 1.879m)
Guest Cloakroom: 4' 0'' x 3' 1'' (1.219m x 0.936m) with WC
Sitting Room: 16' 2'' x 16' 0'' (4.923m x 4.865m), with a Jotul wood burner
Dining Kitchen: 16’ 3'' x 12' 10'' (4.945m x 3.924m)
Bedroom 1: 16’ 6'' x 16' 2'' (5.027m x 4.917m)
Bedroom 2: 16’ 2'' x 13' 3'' (4.939m x 4.045m)
Bathroom: 6’ 5'' x 6' 5'' (1.954m x 1.949m)
Bedroom 3: 36’ 3'' x 11' 7'' (11.058m x 3.541m), with small kitchen area and en suite shower room (4.44m²)
Boiler/Utility Room: 19' 2'' x 16' 8'' (5.841m x 5.085m)
Location: Edge of Village
Habitable space: 137m²
Plot size: 1741m² (0.43 acres)
Distance to shops: 3 kms
Distance to airport: 70 kms (50mins)
Taxe Foncière: 486 € per annum
(Location shown on property portals is approximate.)
Please note: All sizes and locations are approximate. La Résidence has made every effort to ensure that the details and photographs of this property are accurate and in no way misleading. However, this information does not form part of a contract and no warranties are either given or implied.